Who we are
Darren Hubert knows Northeast Los Angeles. He's lived here for 42 years. He understands the diverse communities that exist throughout the city.
He’s an advocate for his community, volunteering many hours to local government, nonprofits and grassroots organizations. He currently serves as Treasurer for the Echo Park Chamber of Commerce. In the past he has been President for the Echo Park Improvement Association, Neighborhood Council Treasurer, and member of the Community Police Advisory Board(CPAB).
Darren also has a passion for architecture and the connection we have with properties and how we move, function and live within a space. After going to school for architecture Darren worked in the family tooling business as an engineer and production manager for 12 years. With a background in architecture, knowledge of construction and experience in finance he chose to make real estate his second career. Darren is professionally recognized as a Certified Negotiation Expert.
Darren lives in Echo Park with his landscape designer wife, Andrea, 7-year old son Lucas, and dog Diego. His other loves are woodworking, mixing music with son Lucas, and playing baseball on Sunday mornings.
*Certified Negotiation Expert, Real Estate Negotiation Institute
Joe Cloninger has a strong bond with L.A. in launching local newsweeklies L.A. CityBeat, New Times Los Angeles and monthly magazine New Angeles, which recognized the renaissance of L.A.'s Eastside neighborhoods and Downtown.
As Associate Publisher of award-winning architectural magazine FORM, his community involvement extended to L.A. design professionals - architects, interior designers, engineers, and other trades. He worked closely with AIA/LA, AIA/SF, ASID, IIDA, USGBC and industry organizations to build strong content,
community, and public awareness of the importance of design.
Joe joined Darren 4 years ago, a seasoned professional and friend. They met in 2003 with Darren as his agent in several home purchases over the years. Coupled with his love of the Los Angeles area, he has taken his business and marketing experience into the realm of real estate.
Joe lives in Silver Lake with his wife Gabriela and 4 unreasonable, but lovable dogs. When not involved in real estate, Joe enjoys being a stage husband, foodie, and technology enthusiast.
Who we are as agents
- Urban Hillsides Real Estate - 18 years in business
- Over 75% of our transactions are referrals or repeat clients
- 2017 - ranked #6 at Compass Real Estate - East
- 2016 - ranked #1 at Keller Williams Los Feliz
- 2015 - ranked #5 agent
- 2014 - ranked #6 agent and #5 most units closed
- Top 5% of agents at 140-agent Compass Real Estate - East
- Top 2% agents at 350-agent KWLF
- 42+ excellent Trulia testimonials (click HERE to read them)
- Top seller's agent in Los Angeles*
- Sells for Top Dollar*
- Single Family Home Expert*
- Best of Trulia Top Agent Award 2014 and 2015
Additional client services
- Staff architect and designer
- Staff landscape designer
- Staff stager and furniture inventory
- Contractor and handyman referrals available
- Accountants and estate planning attorneys for referral
Powered by Compass
- "Building a smarter, simpler, more sophisticated real estate experience."
- Our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world.
- Powered by data, technology, and deep expertise
We support local non-profits
Urban Hillsides supports Central City Action Committee, a local community non-profit dedicated to youth programs, graffiti removal, and neighborhood cleanups. Learn more and please donate.
Downtown Women's Center
Los Angeles LGBT Center
Art of Elysium
John Marshall High School
Food on Foot
Home Dog L.A.
Elysian Heights Elementary
Eagle Rock Elementary
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
Arturo Sandoval Institute
Do you have other suggestions? Let us know.